With 2020 underway, here are 20 reasons why you should think about running a crowdfunding campaign this year…
1. It will make you money. It seems bes to start with the most obvious one!
2. You will get more customers/donors. Another obvious one but this one is more sustainable for you. If you have convinced them to buy once, what’s stopping you from turning them into life-long supporters who will buy from you again and again.
3. Your email marketing skills will level up. It is still the case that you make the most money during your campaign through email marketing. So running a crowdfunding campaign will increase your skills in this department and you’ll be writing persuasive and human-focused email newsletters in no time.
4. Your community is your best resource. Imagine turning your customers/donors into an actual tribe, an extended family that supports you, champions you and does more than just buy from you.
5. Your customer/donor list will increase. Even if they don’t bite for the crowdfunding, this can only be a good thing as it promises sustainability for your business not just in 2020 but beyond.
6. Your social media will see heightened engagement. That’s never a bad thing.
7. You will become more succinct in your pitch. Having to make a video and tell people face to face, on email, on social media, etc all about your project, by the end of the campaign you will have that pitch perfect.
8. You will become a better storyteller. It’s not just your pitch, it’s the whole story people will want to know.
9. You will make some great PR connections. PR spreads the word further than your initial audience, it’s key for reaching higher funding targets. It will also be beneficial for your business in general not just during your crowdfunding campaign.
10. Your time management, project management and decision making skills will increase dramatically. Crowdfunding is go-go-go and nothing can be left til the last minute, you will quickly become more disciplined and organised and no doubt be shocked at how that sticks with you after the campaign has ended too. Many of our clients still use tools we recommended to them during the campaign, after the campaign to continue saving them time and effort.
11. Your confidence will increase dramatically. As the numbers of supporters rises and support comes flooding in from far and wide, you will feel on top of the world!
12. You will realise how many people actually support you and your business. They say it takes a village to raise a child, and crowdfunding isn’t far different. You will get support from people you didn’t even think of. Sharing your campaign, telling their friends, encouraging you, providing pro-bono support etc.
13. You will also see who are your real friends from your fake. It’s a sad truth. You will expect some people to support you who won’t and this will hurt.
14. You will enter a level of stress and tiredness you perhaps have not experienced before. Crowdfunding, plus a real job/running an organisation, plus a life, get ready for some intense long days.
15. You will meet amazing people along the way. Crowdfunding is a lot of networking and there are so many interesting people out there on incredible journeys.
16. Brexit isn’t going away. People power is becoming more and more necessary and crowdfunding is a great way of channeling that energy from the people into a united cause.
17. People want to feel a part of something. Over the past couple of years society has become more divided and crowdfunding is a great way of bringing people together over a cause they believe in.
18. Why not? Everyone wants to push themselves, learn new skills, commit to something new and exciting.
19. You will be so proud of yourself and all you achieved.
20. Lastly, let me reiterate… you make money! If you start planning now, in 4 months time you could have an extra 50k, or 100k in your business account! What’s stopping you? Imagine how great that would feel!
By filling out this form, you're consenting to us using you details to send you information about the work we do. And that's all we'll do with it. We won't spam you, and we won't share your information with any third parties.